Smoked Haddock, Potato and Leek Fish Cakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 300g smoked haddock
- 800g King Edward potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 Leeks, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
384 kcal Energy
1.5g Saturated Fat
- Poach the fish in water for 6-7 minutes until just cooked through. Drain and cool and discard the bones and skin.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender, drain and return to the pan. Mash well and season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the leeks for 4-5 minutes until softened, cool slightly before stirring into the mash with the fish. Divide into 8 fishcakes and chill for 10 minutes.
- Press into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the fishcakes in 2 batches for 2 minutes each side until golden. Serve with salad.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Meals