Bombay Leek & Potato Filo Parcels
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 300g new potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400g pack leeks, sliced (approx. 3)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 270g pack filo pastry (7 sheets)
- 50g butter, melted
- Mango chutney and natural yogurt to serve
5.8 g Protein
9.2 g Fat
4.1 g (of which Saturated Fat)
29.4 g Carbohydrate
2.5 g Sugar
3.9 g Fibre
0.35 g Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until tender, drain well and roughly crush.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leeks for 5 minutes, add the peas and curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the crushed potatoes and season. Allow to cool and divide into 7 equal piles.
- Unfold the filo pastry and cut in half to give 14 squares.
- Brush 1 square with butter and top with another square at right angles, brush this with butter and place 1 filling pile in the centre. Gather up the filo edges into bundles and place on a baking tray. Repeat to make 7 parcels.
- Brush with remaining butter and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy
- Serve with mango chutney and natural yogurt.
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Course : Side dish